I started the week with a few post-Ragnar wind-down days in Key West and have ended back home in Massachusetts, a considerable contrast. Sun & islands & pelicans vs snow remnants & slush (& work).
I’ve added a few new races to my “spring” schedule – now that Ragnar’s over and we’re safely into 2013, here’s what I’m planning to do over the next few months.
- Jan 27th: Boston Prep 16
- Feb 3rd: Super Sunday 5
- Feb 17rd: Austin Marathon (w/ YJP)
- March 10th: Half of Quincy (w/ VK)
- March 24th: Eastern States 20
- April 27th: Country Music Marathon (w/ YJP)
- May 5th: New Jersey Marathon
- May 26th: Run to Remember half-marathon (w/ CNHB)
That seems like a lot when I write them all down at once. I’ve been having a fair amount of right ankle pain (almost entirely when I’m not running) and I’m not doing a very good job of balancing resting & healing that vs training. The good news is the IT band trouble I had with my left leg seems to have resolved itself.
Song of the week, Sweet Life by Jonah Matranga.